Meanwhile I have taken it upon myself to post a blog in her absence.
Doc is a Border Collie who hunts vampires with his human, Kevin. In this adventure they face their first fight and their most dangerous foe. It’s man’s best friend vs. his worst enemy…
I, Chester THE Cat, believe that impressive acts by dogs should be applauded as they happen so rarely. So, please, let us take a moment to get to know Doc.
1. Doc, please share with us, how hard was it to convince your human that you were capable of taking on a vampire?
Doc: *tilts head* Not hard at all. Why would you think it would be difficult? One got into the house, I helped kill it. End of story. Well, really that was the start.
2. Do you ever get annoyed with the incompetence of humans in general? Or perhaps that’s just me. *purrs*
Doc: I do wish Kevin would learn to shut the door quietly. Maybe learn to cook. His mate cooked great. Though I find my human quite competent. He kills vampires after all.
3. According to your novella you and your human suffered a great loss. Do you think your human will ever properly recover from that?
Doc: I heard him say once that he needed closure. Not sure what exactly that is, but when he finds it, he’ll be okay. I hope. *lays ears flat*
4. If your human was to bring home a dog hater how would you cope with that? Quite a bit different than dealing with a Vampire I would imagine no?
Doc: Kevin’s not dumb. He only likes people who likes dogs. Though if he did and she tried to sit in my lazy chair, I’d jump in her lap. Then she’d either like dogs, or leave. *grin*
5. Does your breath always smell like this? Is it genetic? *looks disgusted*
Doc: *huffs* Your breath isn’t any better.
6. What would you like to share with your new fans? Besides your bad breath….
Doc: It’s great to have a job. Vampires smell funny and should die. Speaking of… *Sniffs* you smell funny too…
7. If you could be anything else in the world, what would it be and why?
Doc: Why would I want to be anything else? Border Collies are the best. I’d rather be a farm dog than a city dog though. Maybe someday we’ll go back. You should be a Border Collie. Then maybe you’d smell better.
Miss Julie, why hello and welcome to the blog formerly run by my pris…*looks abashed, coughs* …person. Eh hem. A few questions my dear if you would be so kind.
1. Why are you a dog person? Please god WHY??????
There is nothing better than coming home to the enthusiastic greeting of a dog. Or taking one running, or riding, or for a ride in the truck, or just about anything. I love cats to, but dogs… they’re just constant companions and it’s wonderful.
2. If you could be anything else in the world, what would it be and why?
A full time writer instead of a part time writer. Maybe an adventuring writer. I wouldn’t mind being a star ship captain either. That’d be pretty cool – good story material there.
3. What would you like people to know about you and what your currently working on?
I’m working on the sequel to Senior Year Bites, an Urban Fantasy that came out last summer. I just need to do edits. I’m also working on a horse Fantasy that should be out soonish, and of course I’m plotting more Doc stories.
4. What made you think there would be a market for a book written by a lowly dog and not a cat? You know, like a cat like me, for example. *stretches claws*
Would you want to go through the work of hunting a vampire? Think of all the gore you’d have to clean off. *lowers voice* All the baths you’d have to take…
I honestly didn’t consider market when I wrote the story. It was the encouragement of others that kept me going on Doc’s stories. The story itself was inspired by a flash contest.
Thank-you Doc and Miss Campbell for stopping by. I hope you will see more of me around here, perhaps in your next project yes? After all, I AM the King of Cats. *shushes locked basement door*