Some blog award love was sent my way over the past week and I’m finally getting around to passing it on. MOST. FUN. EVER.
But first, an author friend of mine, and most of yours, had an early release surprise and needed some help spreading the word. So here it is for your enjoyment. Be sure to check her out at http://www.evernightpublishing.com/pages/Seleste-deLaney.html
Banished from Olympus with orders to restore love to the world, Eros starts with a match no one sees coming. No one but him.
Straight-laced principal Kira isn’t looking for love, especially not right after getting dumped. Then a chance encounter leads her to Jesse, and damned if she isn’t drawn to the bad-boy with a heart of gold. A night of reckless abandon leaves her confused. Was there something there, or did she imagine the connection between them?
Jesse knows lying to Kira is a mistake, but she’s the first woman in a long time to see the man and not just the rock star. When his plan to come clean goes terribly wrong, Kira bolts, leaving Jesse in the dust.
Now Eros has to nudge the star-crossed lovers together and prove to Zeus that love does exist, even among the gun shy.
MINIONS OF MISERY AWARD
I recieved this goth-tastic award from Angela Addams.
No, I’m not goth, but since I came up the idea, set out the rules, and suggested to Goth Queen Anne Michaud that she ask the uber talented mad skilled Imran Siddiq to design the award for it (which he did a damn fine job of! didn’t he?) I have been given the award as a token nod. Special thanks to the darkly devine evil mistress Ren Warom who came up with Title for award. I hope I can do this award proper justice. Here goes;
Rules: One dark book, ond dark movie, and one dark secret, then pass onto three other worthy bloggers.
DARK BOOK: Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe. The king of Dark.
DARK MOVIE: Cube. Many likely haven’t heard of it. Here’s the blurb: 7 complete strangers of widely varying personality characteristics are involuntarily placed in an endless kafkaesque maze containing deadly traps. It’s creepy and makes you seriously consider what you’d do in the same circumstances. *shivers*
DARK SECRET: With so many to tell this one was especially tough. My dark secret, I have never in my life read an erotica novel. Sorry to all my erotica author pals out there, you know who you are. (I think I hear Angela Addams jumping up and down eager to burst my erotica virginity, yup, *ducks book* that’s my girl).
I NOMINATE THE MINION AWARD TO: ??? Not being a goth myself it means I know of only 1 who hasn’t already been given it. So congrats Julie Campbell (the secret goth club dancer)!
LOVELY BLOGGER AWARD
Well you know that little Gunshy plug above? (look up, look waaaaay up), well my author pal Seleste Delaney gave me this award to share. I’m like a kinder egg, dark on the outside, creamy on the inside. Hence; I love the dark goth award, yet still adore this pretty pink teacup one. I’m an enigma but that’s just how I roll. ;P
There are two very simple rules that accompany this award:
1. Share “7″ facts about yourself
2. Pass this award on to “15″ other deserving blog owners. (er, ya, how about four? Otherwise we’ll all run outta peeps to share it with. Yeesh.)
Thing 1: As a general rule, I really do not like being complimented. So if you complimented me and I didn’t say thank-you, I’m sorry, I blame it on the shock of being sent into my ‘I can’t hear you’ place.
2. I attended dirt-bike school with my hubby. Best fun EVER, even if I did have to pick the bike up like a thousand times from wiping out.
3. I LOVE to fish. Seriously love it. It was our first ‘date’. I refuse to eat it though. *shudder*
4. I pumped gas into my car for the first time last year (Age 37). My hubs just always did it for me. When I’d tell people I’d never done it they’d always ‘show’ me how to do it by filling it up for me. Yup. Oh yeah, and that first time I filled up my truck, I put diesel in it instead of gas. EPIC FAIL.
5. Smashed out my two front teeth in Grade 1 or 2 or something like that. I did such a good job on it that my adult teeth grew in cracked. I was playing tag and the brick wall was home free. It was also a lot closer than I thought. Ever since then I have a problem with being chased. On the upside, finally got veneers put on them this year. *very big toothy grin*
6. I am most proud of my marriage. We were married at 21yrs old, and this December we’ll be celebrating our 17th anniversary. A rare and beautiful thing these days.
7. I love those big pieces of pink Bubbalicious bubblegum that let you blow a bubble the size of your head. I love tobogganing every winter. I love building sandcastles and splashing in waves and rain puddles. I love finger-painting. I love having a mudpie fight with my son. If I could give the world a gift, it would be to remind them all to be a kid more and a stuffed arse less.😉
I have one rule this week, you can only post a comment if you’re going to share a fact about yourself. Could be generic, you have blue eyes, I don’t care what it is just pick one and tell it. Go as deep as you dare my darklings.😉